The CEI has organised and participated in several Enterprise training programmes and Collaborations with the following:
The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) was established to facilitate and promote the sustainable development and growth of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in Nigeria. In line with this mandate the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI) of the University of Ibadan collaborated with the NUC and SMEDAN, and organized a Train-The –Trainers Programme for lecturers in Nigeria Universities and other tertiary institutions on Entrepreneurship Education. Co-facilitators of the training came from the International Centre for Entrepreneurship and Career Development, Ahmedabad, India.
HERITAGE MALL PROJECT
The Odua’a Investment Company Limited introduced the new Heritage Mall Dugbe, Ibadan to the University of Ibadan in January 2013, via a letter to the Vice Chancellor. The letter which was approved by the Vice Chancellor, conveyed the selection of University of Ibadan as one of the institutions allocated space for the promotion/exhibition of the local contents of goods and services produced by the entrepreneurs and businesses developed by the university.
As part of its function of promoting linkages with private sector through research, consultancy, training, building networks and alliances, the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI) liaised with the Odua’a Investment Company Limited.
The following are some of the potential gains that may be accruable to the University through the effective use of the kiosk:
1. The kiosk will be an avenue to show case the inventions and allied output of the research and development activities of the university.
2. The SMEs that have been mentored by the CEI in recent times would also have the opportunity to make their goods and services more visible.
3. The quest for the synergy between the socio-economic enhancement of the university and the business community will be realized when the kiosk becomes functional.
4. The operation of the kiosk will be one of the major internally generated revenue sources to the university when its operation becomes full-fledged.
Gemstone is a Nation-Builders foundation. It is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to inspire, empower, motivate and raise leaders of excellence. At every level of society GEMSTONE is willing to commit to an exemplary lifestyle of leadership and excellence to enable the building of personal success and sound national economic status.
In this light the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), University of Ibadan collaborated with Gemstone, and organized an advocacy programme for Integrity and Nation Building tagged ‘Deliver the Future’. The programme took place between 29th November and 11th December, 2014.
TECHNOLOGY INCUBATION CENTRE
The Technology Incubation Centre is designed for the promotion of indigenous potentials for economic development through the nurturing and creation of value and technology based enterprises. It is also to accelerate the commercialization of research and development results from research institutes and tertiary institutions.
As part of the collaboration between the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), University of Ibadan and Technology Incubation Centre, a Youth Empowerment Programme under the Ministry of Industry, Applied Science and Technology was co-organised on 30th -31st July, 2014.
NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION OF SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIALISTS (NASSI)
The Nigerian Association of Small Scale Industrialists (NASSI) is a non-profit, non-governmental association with the mandate to promote the development of small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria, Oyo State in particular.
The mandate includes organizing workshops and seminars in this regards as well as entrepreneurial training of youths through on-the-job placement.
The Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), University of Ibadan collaborated with NASSI in the area of capacity building for business owners, who are members of NASSI. The CEI also organised Business Circle Lunch meetings. The NASSI members were invited to participate and network at the luncheon.
Other collaborations include with the following organisations:
- Enterprise Development Centre - Pan African University
- University of Essex UK (UESSEX)
- Oxford Brooks University UK
- UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- Roehampton University UK
- Leap Africa
- FATE Foundation
- ACCION Microfinance
- Greenovative Chain Consulting Limited
- Ibadan Chamber of Commerce
- Inceptum Services
- Federal Government Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria
- Odu'a Investment Company Limited (OICL) - CEI Shop at Heritage Mall
- University of Ibadan Microfinance Bank